Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flashbacks..




















He's just going to have to deal with it.

So, many of you don't have facebook, so I'm going to publish from a couple of notes I made before the blog creation, because one in particular is adorable. Enjoy!
Mini story:I was just trying to negotiate book reading with Zac. He has two books to read for his teacher by tomorrow, and he has some of his own here. We usually read at night which he loves but I thought it would be great to do it now as well. I was trying to coax him to read, and after going back and forth Zac finally ended it with, "I'll tell you what. I'll give you some of my money, and then I'll read to you later." Bahaha

MUST share this. Last night, I tucked Zac into bed and was about to leave him when he asked if I would cuddle with him. I was about to say no and work on an essay, but remembered that soon enough, this adorable child will no longer want any more hugs, kisses or cuddles (NOT OKAY), and I better take advantage of it. So into his bed I crawled.We chatted about a few things and then did the usual "I love you more than a hundred CN towers on top of a thousand boats" (hey it works). I was feeling slightly emotional and teased as he cuddled in close, "Promise you'll still love me when you're an adult and get married one day?" Zac told me, "But I'm marrying you, Mommy" and I laughed and told him that boys aren't allowed to marry their mommys. He got really quiet, and I added that he would marry someone he fell in love with. I heard a few muffled sounds coming from him, but didn't catch on. He asked in a sweet, quiet voice that trembled just a little, "...not even Nanny's?" After I told him not even Nanny's, I realised that those sounds (slightly louder now) were muffled SOBS. POOR BABY! He turned around and put his face in my stomach and when I asked him to tell me why he was sad, he cried, "Because I want to live with you; I don't want to leave."If heart's could cry, mine did. Then I told him he could live with me forever if that's what he wanted, and he felt better....I figure I can always reneg when he's older and less adorable ;)
On another note, I had just finished telling Zac to climb in bed for a story last night when I discovered he was wearing high heels and demanding that I, "Just admit it! Admit it, mom!" I have no idea what he was talking about.

1 comment:

  1. Ah ha!!!! It's about time - just admit it already. LOL.

    ReplyDelete