Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

Hmmm, I should have done this a long time ago. Just think of all the amusing "Zac Stuff" that's been missed. But then, he's been especially amusing these days, and who wants to read about a boring child, anyways?

My computer keeps popping up with an urgent message that says I should protect my computer, but first things first.

We've had a really great Easter weekend. Friday my mom and I took Zac to Pingle's Farm for an Egg hunt. The Easter bunny was there, but Zac saw him and yelled, "That's not the REAL Easter bunny! I wanted to see the REAL Easter Bunny!" Sigh. But then again, now I don't have to take pictures of him with really awful looking characters. One year, there was a really sad 23-year-old skinny Santa with a flat felt beard. I felt a little sick taking a picture of them together. But anyways.

So we decorated his Easter basket (it looked really cool, I must say..between my Easter bunny and his cut out pieces of scraps that he glued to it..an artist in the making, I tell you) and then he got his face painted as a Tiger. Later we looked around and saw all the kids with bunnies and Easter eggs painted on their cheeks and I understood the girl's look of horror.

We took a wagon ride to the field, and he sat intently watching the ground in case he found any eggs, singing, "We're going on a hunt, we're going on a hunt" to the theme "The Farmer in the Dell". When the wagon ride was over, we there discovered many plastic eggs thrown on the field in plain sight. He was less than impressed with this "hunt" and after inspecting and shaking the plastic eggs only to find them empty (you exchange them later for chocolate eggs) he merely wandered around dejected, absently picking up an egg here and there while I grabbed them in excitement. "How about this green one?!" It didn't work.

But, he then got to go in the corn maze, half-heartedly attempt the Scavenger hunt, which was really hard (hey if you have to try too hard, why bother) and drive mini tractors, which may have been the highlight for him. Though he was really excited to see the real bunnies hopping around. He got to plant a seed which we've taken home, and we bought some fudge and a Bumbleberry pie. Yum.

I just got distracted by Zac. How can you not love it when he says, "Excuse me, mom?" And then when you give him your full attention, he says, "Well...umm, uh, well..you know..uh..you know.." for about 5 minutes while you sit there patiently like you really enjoy hearing his confused thought process aloud.

Anyways, I'm actually not going to write out our entire weekend because that will take longer than I thought. And if I don't even want to write it out and it's my son, how likely is it that you want to read it? Though Saturday was especially fun; details another time.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment